Rules and Regulations
The Rules and Regulations set forth herein shall apply to and be in effect for Crystal Pond Park, under the control, supervision and jurisdiction of the Towns of Eastford and Woodstock and administered by the Crystal Pond Park Commission.
Admission to the Park
Hours of Closing
- The park shall be closed from sunset to sunrise.
- No person shall be permitted to remain, stop or park within the confines of the park between sunset and sunrise, except in an emergency or with special written permission from the Crystal Pond Park Commission. In an emergency situation or when the public interest demands it, any portion of the park may be closed to the public or designated persons until it is deemed prudent by the Crystal Pond Park Commission.
- A permit or license must be obtained from the Crystal Pond Park Commission for the following:
- The exclusive use of any park buildings or pavilions
- The exclusive use of Upperfield or other open areas
- Overnight camping
- The vending of food or drink
- The consumption of alcoholic beverages
- The use of the park by a for-profit organization
- No person shall injure, deface, disturb, befoul or remove any part of a Crystal Pond Park building, equipment, tables, benches, railings, fences, signs, boundary markers or any other property found therein; nor shall any tree, flower, shrub, rock or natural element be removed, injured or destroyed without express written permission of the Crystal Pond Park Commission.
- No person within the confines of the park shall hunt, trap, possess or molest any wildlife without express written permission of the Crystal Pond Park Commission.
- No person shall use, carry, possess, or discharge firearms of any kind, or have air powered guns, paintball guns, crossbows or bows, fireworks or pyrotechnic display devices, or other projectile-throwing devices, or weapons of any kind within the park without the express written permission of the Crystal Pond Park Commission, with the exception of duly authorized law enforcement personnel in the performance of their duties.
- No person shall beg, hawk, peddle or solicit within Crystal Pond Park without the express written permission of the Crystal Pond Park Commission.
- No individual or organization shall conduct, sponsor or promote any planned or special event in Crystal Pond Park without express written permission of the Crystal Pond Park Commission.
- No person shall disturb other Crystal Pond Park users by causing excessive levels of noise and/or use threatening, abusive, or insulting language.
- No person shall litter.
- No person shall climb on any wall, fence, building, tree or other structure.
- Dogs, cats and other domestic pets are allowed in Crystal Pond Park if held under control by leash. Any persons bringing pets into Crystal Pond Park are responsible for cleaning up after them.
- No person shall bathe, wade, dive or swim in Crystal Pond Park or swimming area except at such times and in such areas as designated by the Crystal Pond Park Commission.
- No person shall operate any snowmobile, off-road motorbike, all terrain, or other recreational vehicle in Crystal Pond Park. No person shall ride on the exterior of a vehicle. All registered vehicles shall be operated on designated roads only.
- No vehicle shall be operated on any Crystal Pond Park road at a speed in excess of 10 miles per hour or in violation of any applicable Department of Motor Vehicles Regulations in the State of Connecticut.
- Fishing is allowed in Crystal Pond Park in accordance with state statutes. No fishing is allowed in the swimming area.
- Open fires are allowed by permission of the Crystal Pond Park Commission only.
- Any violation of these Rules and Regulations is punishable by the immediate removal of the violator from the premises and/or minimum fine of $100 per offense, and as otherwise provided for by law or ordinance of the Towns of Eastford and Woodstock, or the State of Connecticut.
- The invalidity of any section, provision, or portion of these Rules and Regulations shall not be constructed to invalidate any other section, provision or portion thereof.
Revised November 22, 2017
To download a .pdf copy of the Rules and Regulations, click below:
Non-Discrimination Statement for the Town of Woodstock
In accordance with Federal Law, the Town of Woodstock is prohibited from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, ancestry, disability, or any other legally protected status. To file a complaint of discrimination, please write: USDA Director, Office of Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W. Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 or call 800-795-3272 (voice), or 202-720-6382 (TDD).
The Town of Woodstock is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
Title VI Policy Statement
The Town of Woodstock is committed to ensuring that no person is excluded from participation in, denied benefits or otherwise subjected to discrimination under any program or activity on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, gender identity and/or expression, sex (including pregnancy), national, social or ethnic origin, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, sexual orientation, family medical history or genetic information, lawful source of income, familial status, ancestry, family or parental status or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the State of Connecticut. To download the complete policy statement, click below: